KAYA RAYA BERSAMA KARTA SUPERMALL CONTEST 2021 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Kaya Raya Bersama Karta Supermall Contest 2021 (“Contest”) is organised by Karta International Sdn. Bhd. (“Organiser”) and will run from 1st April 2021 to 22nd May 2021 (“Contest Period”).
The Organiser reserves the right to change, cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest at any time during the Contest Period without prior notice.
1. Any person who has fulfilled the criteria below is eligible to participate in this Contest (“Participant”):
- Residents of Malaysia.
- Aged 18 years and above.
2. The following person(s) shall not be eligible to participate in this Contest:
- Employees and immediate family members of Kara Marketing (M) Sdn. Bhd. and Karta International Sdn. Bhd.
- Organiser’s affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and suppliers
3. The mechanics of the Contest are as follows:
- Participants need to purchase any product at www.kartasupermall.com
- Once participants’ parcel is received, they need to take a picture of the product they bought
- Then, participants need to post it on Instagram (Feed)/ Facebook Post
- Participants need to write a creative caption “Karta Supermall menceriakan raya saya kerana….”
- Participants need to tag Karta Supermall and their 3 friends
- Participants need to hashtag #KartaSupermall #KayaRayaKartaSupermall
- Participants with a creative caption will stand a chance to win.
- All Entries must be submitted by 7th May 2021 (11:59PM, GMT+8).
4. Participants’ Facebook and Instagram account are to be set ‘Public’ during contest period (1st April 2021 to 22nd May 2021) and winner selection period (23th May 2021 to 24th May 2021) to be eligible to participate in the Contest.
5. Participants are allowed to submit as many entries as they wish. However, a Participant will only be selected as Winner once.
6. Top Six (6) Winners will be selected and the announcement of the Winners will be made on the Karta Supermall Facebook page and Instagram Feed on 25th May 2021, or on any other date as decided by Karta International Sdn. Bhd.
7. The Winners will be selected based on the creativity of their caption, which will be solely determined by Karta International Sdn. Bhd.
1. The prizes are as follows:
- 1st Prize : RM1500 + RM500 coupon
- 2nd Prize : RM500 + RM300 coupon
- 3rd prize : RM300 + RM200 coupon
- 3 consolation prizes : RM 50 coupon
2. Winners will be contacted by Kara Marketing (M) Sdn. Bhd. within seven (7) days after the Contest winner announcement. If the Winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) working days after the Contest winner announcement, Karta International Sdn. Bhd. reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next Participant based on the judges’ sole and absolute discretion.
3. Prize collection with the full details will be disclosed to each Winner privately. Winners should present the following details based on their winning submission upon prize collection:
- Full name
- Bank account details
- Contact number
1. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel, terminate and/or suspend the prizes, without the need to provide any prior notice. The Organiser shall reserve the right at its absolute discretion to substitute any of the prizes with that of similar value, at any time without prior notice.
2. The Organiser's decision on all matters relating to the Contest is final, conclusive, and binding. No correspondence will be entertained.
3. The Organiser does not take any responsibility and is not liable for any platform limitation and/or technical glitch faced by the Participant.
4. Participation in the Contest and acceptance of any prize(s) constitutes an irrevocable permission (unless otherwise notified by the Participants) for the Organiser to use the Participants' names and photographs for purposes of publicity and advertisement without any compensation or need for prior notification to the Participants.
5. The Organiser shall not be liable in the event the prize(s) are lost, spoilt, damaged or stolen during or after delivery of the prize(s). All Participants unconditionally agree to assume full liability and responsibility to the extent permitted by law in the event of any loss, mishap, injury, damage, claim, or accidents (including death) suffered as a result arising from their participation in this Contest, redemption and or use of the prize(s) or product(s).
6. By participating in the Contest, Participants are taken to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Contest Rules & Regulations, and accept that all decisions by the Organiser are final and binding. The Organiser reserves the right to change, amend, add or delete any of the Contest Rules & Regulations at any time without prior notice to the Participants and the Participants agree to be bound by such changes.
NOTICE UNDER THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
This written notice (“Notice”) is issued by Karta International Sdn. Bhd. and by Karta International Sdn. Bhd. on behalf of its subsidiaries and related corporations, including without limitation Kara Marketing (M) Sdn Bhd and its holding companies and subsidiaries (collectively “our”, “us” or “we”) to you. For the purpose of this Notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the same meaning as prescribed in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”).
1. This Notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by us or on our behalf when you access our portal at www.kartasupermall.com and you hereby give your consent to the processing of your personal data.
Description of personal data
2. We may collect a variety of personal data from you from time to time including but not limited to name, date of birth, age, Malaysian Identification Card number, passport number or such other personal identification number, nationality, e-mail address, address, contact number, marital status, bank account details, credit card details, other personal data which is submitted or made available by you to us from time to time and all other personal data we again collect from you on any subsequent occasion. The types of personal data that we may collect would depend on the circumstances of the collection, the nature of the services involved or our dealings with you.
3. Your personal data is being or is to be collected and further processed by us for the following purposes (where relevant):
(a) performing pre-contractual activities and our contractual obligations with you, including without limitation processing your orders, verifying any relevant transactions, preparation of documents or contracts and where necessary, conducting Know-Your-Customer processes, verifying your identity and information and assessing your eligibility;
(b) ensuring the performance by you of your pre-contractual and contractual obligations to us;
(c) to administer and give effect to the commercial transactions with you and obtaining professional advice;
(d) granting you access to, and monitoring your use of, any online platforms or sites owned, operated or managed by us or on our behalf, including without limitation the Karta Supermall (“Platform”);
(e) to provide and improve our products and/or services to you;
(f) granting you access to any relevant facilities, including without limitation the premises/facilities owned, operated or managed by us or on our behalf (“Our Premises”), if necessary;
(g) verifying and carrying out financial transactions in relation to payments made by or to you and administering and processing any payments related to products and/or services requested or provided by you;
(h) communicating with you, dealing with your inquiries or complaints, resolving any issues/disputes and enforcing our rights; (i) the operation, management and/or maintenance of our system and the Platform;
(j) for internal management and administrative purposes, including without limitation for purposes related to risk control, reporting, audit, compliance, risk management and assessment and data storage and management;
(k) inviting you to participate in our events, surveys, contests, competitions, programmes and other activities organised or sponsored by us or on our behalf (“Events”);
(l) purposes relating to business development, market surveys/research and trend analysis such as evaluating the effectiveness of our marketing or advertising content, statistics compilation, data analytics to improve our products and/or services and for the purpose of assisting us in any future dealings with you, for example, by identifying your requirements and preferences and customising contents to suit your preference;
(m) advertising and providing you with information (such as Events, offers or promotions) relating to our products and/or services and the products and/or services of our related corporations and business partners, including without limitation sending you e-newsletters, promotional and marketing materials (targeted or otherwise), seasonal/birthday greetings and messages, gifts and/or vouchers;
(n) publishing photographs or video footages of you, which are captured during your participation in any of the Events (with or without your name), on our Platform or social media or at Our Premises;
(o) protecting your safety and wellbeing and that of our other customers/patrons;
(p) complying with any legal or regulatory requirements and/or directions and instructions from any law enforcement officer or governmental and regulatory bodies; and/or
(q) such other purposes authorized by you or directly related or ancillary to the foregoing.
(collectively, the “Purposes”).
The above activities may be carried out for the purposes of the company/entity/body/other persons represented by you.
Source of personal data
4. Your personal data is being or is to be collected from a variety of sources, including without limitation: (a) from the forms submitted or filled in by you or on your behalf to us (including without limitation inquiry form or online form);
(b) via any Platforms and/or the cookies;
(c) from any information or document submitted or provided by you to us for any of the Purposes;
(d) from you when you: (i) use or inquire about our products and/or services; (ii) inquire about, register for or participate in any Events; (iii) contact us through various methods such as telephone calls, messaging/chat, emails and/or the Platform; and/or (iv) visit Our Premises in person;
(e) CCTV in the event you enter or visit Our Premises;
(f) from any third parties (including without limitation your friends and family members, regulatory and law enforcement authorities and other third party sources); and/or
(g) from all other communications between you and us and all other information that you may provide to us from time to time.
Access to, correction of and limiting the processing of personal data
5. You have the right to request access to and to request correction of your personal data subject to the following and subject to provisions of the Act:
(a) you may, upon payment of a prescribed fee, make a data access request or a data correction request in writing to us; and
(b) we may refuse to comply with your data access request or a data correction request and shall, by notice in writing, inform you of our refusal and the reasons of our refusal.
6. You may limit the processing of your personal data or to request us to cease or not begin processing your personal data for purposes of direct marketing. You have the right to withdraw your consent previously given to us (in full or in part) by providing us with a notice in writing subject to any applicable legal restrictions and a reasonable duration of time for the withdrawal of consent to be effected. If you limit the processing or withdraw your consent to any or all use of your personal data, we may not be in a position to continue to administer any contractual relationship in place, which in turn may result in us being unable to provide you with any of our services/products and/or the termination of any arrangements/agreements with us.
7. You may contact us with any inquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data via the methods below:
Attention To: Customer Service Karta Supermall
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of personal data
8. We may disclose/transfer your personal data to the following third parties (who may be located within or outside Malaysia) in connection with or for the fulfilment of any of the Purposes:
(a) our related corporations, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or our group companies;
(b) our business partners, contractors and service providers, including without limitation our data centre service providers, storage facility and records management service providers, cloud service providers, Information Technology service providers, data analytics and marketing agencies, payment gateway service providers and/or order fulfillment, and delivery service providers;
(c) our financial and other professional advisors;
(d) banks, insurance companies, credit card verification providers and payment processors;
(e) governmental departments and/or agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies and law enforcement officer;
(f) such third party as requested for or authorised by you;
(g) safety and security personnel in the event you enter or visit Our Premises;
(h) our actual or potential assignee, assignor, transferee or transferor in respect of any rights, interests, obligations and/or properties relevant to the arrangement/contract between you and us;
(i) third parties due to any actual or potential corporate restructuring or exercise (including without limitation merger, acquisition and/or the restructuring of our business, assets and/or liabilities); and
Third party personal data
9. We may require your assistance if the personal data relating to other persons is required to process your personal data for the Purposes and you hereby agree to use your best endeavors to assist us when required.
10. In the event that personal data of any third party is supplied by you to us, you shall ensure that such third party has read this Notice and consented to us collecting his/her personal data for any of the Purposes prior to the supply of his/her personal data to us.
11. Where another person is providing/submitting any of your personal data to us, you agree that you have authorised the disclosure of your personal data to us and consented to the processing of your personal data by us in accordance with this Notice.
Obligatory personal data
12. It is obligatory that you supply us the details marked or specified as compulsory in our forms (collectively, “compulsory personal data”). If you fail to supply us with any of the compulsory personal data, we may refuse to process your personal data for any of the Purposes. This may result in us being unable to provide you with the services and/or products requested for and/or the termination of any arrangements/agreements with us.
Transfer of personal data to places outside Malaysia
13. We may where necessary transfer your personal data to a place outside of Malaysia and you hereby give your consent to the transfer.
Accuracy of your personal data
14. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you provide to us is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up to date. You may update your personal data by contacting us at email@example.com
15. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of this Notice, the English version shall prevail over the Bahasa Malaysia version.
16. We may update and amend this Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any amendments to this Notice via notices on our Platform or other appropriate means. Any such amendments will be effective upon such notification. By continuing to engaging with us in respect of our products and/or services, accessing our Platform or Our Premises and/or providing us with your services/products, after the issuance of such amendment notice, you will be considered as having agreed to this Notice (as amended and updated).